A great BBQ salad that is better made the night before, so get ahead! This salad keeps very well and is beautifully served cold or warm.
- 1 Red and 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 Red onions
- 1 Courgette
- 250g Cous cous
- 300ml Hot vegetable Stock
- Ballymaloe Balsamic and Irish Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Juice of half a lemon
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 25g Toasted almonds, flaked
- 50g Toasted hazelnuts, whole and roughly chopped
- 50g Dried cranberries/ raisins
- 8 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 15g Parsley picked and chopped
- 15g Mint picked and chopped
- Dairy free
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for vegans
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Peel the red onion and cut into wedges, keeping the root on
- Cut the vegetables into 2-inch chunks. Then toss the prepared vegetables in a bowl in one tablespoon of olive oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pop onto a roasting tray and oven roast for 20-25 minutes until the vegetable is starting to char at the edges.
- In a medium saucepan, bring your vegetable stock to the boil. Stir in the couscous add 2 teaspoons of Ballymaloe Balsamic Dressing into the water along with the juice of half a lemon. Remove from the heat and cover tightly with a lid and let the couscous steam for 5 minutes. Fluff using a fork.
- Once your veg has cooled, combine everything together along with the pomegranate seeds, toasted chopped almonds and hazelnuts, the dried cranberries/ raisins, a big bunch of chopped parsley and mint, sliced cherry tomatoes and a big drizzle of Ballymaloe Balsamic dressing! Stir gently to combine, and place on a large serving platter with a few mint and parsley leaves scattered over the top to garnish.